To maintain social distancing, we have decided to move this year's Summer Academy to a virtual format. This year's theme is On The Move: God's Grace From Place to Place!
Summer Academy, Home Edition will bring the fun to you this year. We will provide each participant with fun, meaningful activities as an alternative to face-to-face programming. Each week has a scripture and theme and all activities tie into that week’s theme.
On The Move: God's Grace From Place to Place is a Christian educational resource that demonstrates the momentum of God’s Spirit in places and events during the Civil Rights Era, wherein people moved towards greatness in soul, seeking justice, blessing, truth, and reconciliation. This program is Published by Abingdon Press.
1. Discover the movement of god’s grace through events in time.
2. Aspire to greatness of soul, seeking God’s blessing and truth.
3. Move towards reconciliation in community and in Jesus Christ.
One The Move Weekly Bible Lessons:
1. Moving with God towards Justice: Deborah and Barak lead the Hebrews out of oppression. (Judges 4:4-10)
2. Moving with God towards Greatness: Joseph enters slavery and prison but becomes prime minister of Egypt. (Genesis 39: 1-2; 41:14-40)
3. Moving with Jesus towards Blessing: Jesus feeds 5000 in groups of 50. (Luke 9: 10-17; Matthew 14:21)
4. Moving with God Towards Truth: The queen of Sheba seeks the truth. (Kings 10: 1-10. 13)
5. Moving with God towards Reconciliation: Paul and John Mark argue, then reconcile. (Acts 15:36-41 and 2 Timothy 4:9-11)
Now those who were scattered went from place to place, proclaiming the word. (Acts 8:4)